I have decided to link up with Amber over at Adventures of a 3rd Grade Teacher for an end of the year linky party... and quite a year it has been! :)
Let's look at the greats first!!
- Using literature circles during novels has been an amazing experience... I was a little worried because my group this year was quite immature, but they loved the independence and rose to the challenge!
- Using the Daily 5 with my Title group the 1st sememster... this is the second year I have done this and it has made an amazing difference with those kiddos. They got the small group and boost of confidence they needed!
- Discovering the blogging community... I have learned and gotten so many new ideas from teachers and have been sharing the wealth with my math teacher. What an awesome bank of information!
- Organization... I am actively going through cabinets and draws ane weeding out anything I did not use in the last two years. I figure if it hasn't been used then it is not needed. So this is a work in progress....
- Interactive ELA Notebooks... I started them about halfway through the year and they were an amazing resource for the students. I can't wait to create and look for ideas over the summer... (send ideas my way! :))
- Writing... I am very nervous to be teaching actual writing and not just grammar next year. I have already bought several writing units from the fabulous Ms. Runde... if you have any ideas or thoughts about writing and interactive writing journals, please let me know!
I just noticed I am almost to 100 followers... woohoo! And this school year is almost over!! 10 days left!!