I am so excited to be linking up with Doodle Bug Teaching for another five for Friday. I love doing this every week
or trying to because it reminds me to take more pictures at school
This week was definitely busy and trying, but I made it through in one piece.
1. We started off the week by diving right into a new novel Sign of the Beaver. My boys loved this novel last year when we read it & seem to be enjoying it this year too. One thing I love to do while reading a novel is having the kiddos follow along while listening to it. They love it because when they come to a word they don't know the narrator reads it and boom! they know it.
2. We also did a point of view assignment. I will be blogging more about this tomorrow!
3. The kiddos did several things to review for their noun test. We did a task card scavenger hunt in the hallway. I love trying to put the task cards next to things that camouflage them...
4. They also did a noun hunt through some magazines. The kiddos had to find 5 example of singular, plural, common, & proper nouns. We had so such fun!
5. I finally got around to reading the book everyone has been talking about. Wonder is an AMAZING book. It is also a Texas bluebonnet book for next year. I already have ideas spinning around in my head as to how I can use this as a read aloud next year.
Hope your week has been as fabulous as mine! I can't wait for my 3 1/2 day week next week... woohoo for living in a small country town!!